CAUTION: Ammonic firecrackers

by | |
Every Chinese New Year the 'chee-ba-boom' and crackling sound will never fail to add some spice to this festive season, making it merrier but noisier noisier but merrier. Despite all the "On-the-spot RM100 fine" , "Anti-firecracker squads" , and some firecrackers seized here, here , there and almost everywhere , nonetheless, there are still some that managed to smuggle those stuffs in and out. Well, that is how we celebrate Chinese New Year...can't go without 'it',can we?

crackle...crackle...crackle...pOp! And the final firecracker exploded giving off some pale-yellowish green flame, as the ammonia reacted with oxygen (again) in the combustion process. Here is the equation for the chemical reaction that just took place yesterday night:

Ammonia: Hello! Gong Xi Fa Chai!

Oxygen: Hie! Happy Chinese New Year!
(and if you wish that I'll have a HAPPY cny as well, just please leave me alone...)

Ammonia: Hehe. I've finally got through. I've been trying to call you for the past few days but never got through. What happened ah?

Oxygen: huh? Really? I don't know wor...
(I think God forbiddens it)

Ammonia: Oh, nevermind
( YES, you are right! I really don't mind)

Ammonia: You are at home now?

Oxygen: Yeah..
(gulp..*sweating)

Ammonia: Ooh...When are you going back to
college?


Oxygen: erm... (do I really have to answer this?) June.

Ammonia: Oh, you are on a sem break now,huh? That's quite long.

Oxygen: Hehe. Yeah, BUT I'll be starting my posting on the 3rd. It is something similar to what you guys termed as industrial training.

Ammonia: Oh...training. Where ah?

Oxygen: Its in Jinjang.

Ammonia: Whereabout in Jinjang?

Oxygen: (must I tell you? I have a bad feeling here..) Its in a clinic somewhere in Jinjang.

Ammonia: Which clinic?
( What?! Isn't that info enough?)

Oxygen: ....ermm.....uh...( Can you sense that I am really hesitating to tell you this?) Klinik Kesihatan Jinjang.

Ammonia: I see. Today is 30th Jan....(counting)...So, 4 more days before your posting starts?

Oxygen: erm..yup.

Ammonia: Will you be free tomorrow? Can I come to your house?
(I knew it! *RED FLAG* Hazards ahead!)

Oxygen: Oh, my uncle invited my family and I over to his place for a meal.

Ammonia: Lunch or dinner?

Oxygen: ermm....I'm not too sure actually. Will have to ask my parents about it.
[1st lie: It's dinner actually but sorry... I really don't have the guts to tell you]

Ammonia: Like that ah...how about Thursday?

Oxygen: (ok..think of something...QUICK!) Thursday?..hmm...the 2nd of
Feb rite? Ah! I'm going out with my friends.
(phew!) [2nd lie]

Ammonia: With one big group of friends?

Oxygen: Yup. With one big group of my friends.

Ammonia: Who ah?

Oxygen: With my freinds from college. ( do you want me to list down their names and contacts as well?)

Ammonia: I want to join.
( NO!)


Oxygen: hehe... ( thats the best response i can give,ok?! It means NO. A big No-NO!)

silence...


Ammonia: erm..ok..how about this Friday?

Oxygen: Friday? (oh no! what am I gonna say now?) uh...what date is it? Hey, its the 3rd isn't it? My posting is starting on that day. (hooray!)

Ammonia: Aiyah...like that hah...eh, I'll call you again tomorrow. So if you are having your lunch with your uncle and finished early, I'll come over to your place.

Oxygen: (-__-) oK (sigh)

Ammonia: Or worse come to worse, I come and visit you and 'pai nian' in the clinic. Its not too far anyway.

Oxygen: hehe..? (*cold sweat..i mean BIG cold sweat...That is really the worst
that can happen. Its a clinic,ok?! NOt my house lar~! And I'm no-one but a student doing her posting there. Please keep 'trouble' far far away
from me.
)


Ammonia: Alrite, so bye for now. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Oxygen: Bye


About 15 hours later, at approximately 2.30pm...

My sis: Jie (it means sister in chinese), your handphone is ringing.

Me: (arrghh..it must be him) oK

walking slowly...(wait! was I even walking to get the phone anyway?) By the way, I was just sending my aunt off that time.

I may walk very slowly BUT my good sister actually came running to me with my handphone. *slap forehead

I reached my hand out at the speed of how an arthritis patient would move, hoping badly that it will be a miss call. I got the phone. And it is STILL ringing! For goodness sake, please STOP ringing. And..wow! It stopped. YeaY! It is a miss call now. Better switch to silent mode now because I know he is a person with great persistence.

Just as I switched to silent mode, he called again. I really don't feel like dealing with this again...and I shall not. I put it in my pocket and started clearing the packet drinks off the living room's marble table.

The vibration stopped. Good! Just as I'm starting to feel a bit relieved, the phone starts vibrating again, with the same caller's name displayed. AAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh~!!! Do you know that you are making me to feel really bad?!

And...another explosion occured:


Ammonia: Hi!

Oxygen: HeLlo.

Ammonia: So, you done with your lunch
at your uncle's place?

(since when did i tell you it was a lunch?)


Oxygen: Oh, it is actually dinner. Not lunch.

Ammonia: I see. So you are at home now? Can I come over now ah?

(hold it..hold it...chill out..don't go so fast,Mr. Take things slow & easy,k )

Oxygen: err..I'm going out NOW lar. I'm going out with my aunt. She just came from Johor.
( Oops! Those words just shoot out of my mouth like bullets, without confirming the validity)

Ammonia: going out for a long time?

Oxygen: I don't know but after that I'll have to travel to my uncle's place anyway.

Ammonia: aiyah..like that ah?...I shouldn't have slept till this late.
(no, please don't say so. You'll need all those beauty sleep. Its good for you. Do sleep more.)

Oxygen: hehe..?

Ammonia: well, ok then...happy chinese new year!
(no more ammonic-firecrackers and i'll be happy and grateful for the whole chinese new year)

Oxygen: happy chinese new year to you too! bye!

After the call, I really did go out, not with my aunt but with my family. Ok, so back to the firecrackers issue...

My advice to all of you out there:

Stay out from those explosive items, especially those firecrackers containing ammonia if you don't want to breath in terrible, pungent air. It is evil! It costs you a few lies and it is definitely hazardous. It is a life-threatening item, trust me! The government ban it for a reason and I have all the reasons you can see. So, stay away from 'it' !

2 comments:

JysiC

during chap goh mei, ask Ammonia over to your place, KO it n bag it up. then at night, attach the bag with a rocket-like firework, light the firework n...*fffiiiiuuuuu....BOOM*...wah..so nice...killing 2 birds with 1 stone (the 2 "birds" i'm refering to is Ammonia gone n wow...nice fireworks)

Jolyn

wahahaha... aiyo, very bad leh. don't wanna end up in jail becoz of ammonia. but, u reli hav great creative immagination ;)