Episodic-Imsomnia-Attack

by | |
I flipped over and looked at my alarm clock.It is 10 minutes past 5 in the morning. What am I doing at this ungodly hours? Perhaps I should rephrase it; what am I NOT doing at this time? S-L-E-E-P-I-N-G!!! For goodness sake, it is already 5am and I'm still NOT asleep? Gosh! I really feel like banging my head on the wall.

About 20 minutes later, my grandmother got up from her bed and began to utter her morning prayers. I laid back silently and listened to her sweet prayers. When she is done, I tilted my head up a little, "Ah mah! I can't sleep. Now that you are already awake but I've not gotten any sleep yet."

My 'episodic-imsomnia-attack' (EIA) is now at the worst point. I don't fall asleep as easy as other people but it is OK as long as I DO slumber into the dreamland. Sleeping seems a lot tougher when EIA comes haunting me again. No matter how tired or how desperate I need to catch some sleep, I still can't sleep until what may seems a thousand flip-flops over the bed.

So, I got up. Well, something to be thankful for behind this sleepless night; for the 1st time this year i woke up this early without any alarms bugging and I had my part of nice and earliest devotion n quiet time with God. At about 6.45 am, I sneaked into my parent's room and scared the living daylights out of my them woke them up to go for a healthy morning walk.

And alas, I took about an hour nap before being called for lunch. Thats it! I really hope that I can have a nice, beauty and early sleep tonight. I have to wake up early and have the entire day to work on; I'm starting my posting at the community clinic tomorrow. I don't know what awaits me tomorrow but it better NOT be boring. Or else, EIA + boredom = torture.

Jebbrine told me that her experience during her last sem was boring. They pretty much did nothing besides sitting there and sitting there and stitting there. Sad huh? I really hope things will be different for us.

Jeevan told me that when they are starting on the 6th their first task will be venepuncture. *blink*blink I don't know if they are really going to do it, but, it will be rather a great experience and exposure.

As I've said, I don't know what awaits me tomorrow but I am praying for the best and I'm anticipating it!

1 comments:

Roses

poor gal..sleeping is very vital. insomnia is super duper torture but you are having holidays....

good luck in ur posting tomolo...