16/04/06 @ med camp

by | |
It is my 3rd med camp that I attended, including this Sunday's. The first one was at JinJang Utara ( north Jinjang), second one was at ( south Jinjang) , and today, we were at Jinjang Utara again. Though all three are in different place, it seems like we are going from North --> South -->North.

We started off with a talk on HFM disease and then followed by all the NCD health screening as usual. As we were in a Tadika, there were quite a number of little cuties running around. The kids just run through every single little space they can squeeze. I even stopped a little boy from hitting others with a bottle, a plastic bottle. Those cheeky little kiddos are just sooo simply adorable ;)

Ok, back to my work today. I felt like I'm some sort working 7 days week now, not gonna complain yet though. U see...last year Easter, I got baptised. I was rather reluctant to attend this med camp actually. Many people might not felt anything too special. But to me, besides remembering the day Jesus was resurrected, it is also marks a year since I testify to all that I accepted Christ and was baptised. However, i told myself, I can still go to the 5pm service later.

oh yeah, bout my work today. Though it was in a Tadika, we don't deal with the kids. It is just the tadika that we are using. I helped with the health screening for while and then I went to the room where they conduct Pap Smear test. Besides observing and learning, I was given the golden opportunity to perform the test. Yeap! My first hands on, doing the Pap Smear test for the ladies =)

Some of the ladies are rather tensed. That isn't helping, especially I'm equally tensed as well. The staff nurse usually let me do the easier ones buy it was a great experience. After a few times, I start to get the hold of it. If not because of them, I wouldn't have learn that much. The staff nurse are really willing to teach and put the trust to let me do it. Being the first time inserting and getting some of the tissue samples, I wasn't really that confident and sure. But, the staff nurse was ever ready to guide and motivate me. Honestly, I owe it to them.

Again, there goes another med camp. I left feeling satisfied and thankful, which outweighs all the reluctancy I've felt previously.

2 comments:

Anonymous

u did pap smear on easter?

Anonymous

u did pap smear on easter?