Perhaps Love

by | |
That day I watched Perhaps Love from the DVD I borrowed from my friend. To rate the movie, it was just ‘so-so’ I would say. This movie is special in its own way of course but it could have been better. It isn’t that strong; it isn’t solid enough.

Anyhow, I’m not going to babble like a movie commentator here. Overall, I would say it is still worthwhile watching this DVD. Well, not really because I think its nice but because it gives some tiny, circular waves on the quiet pond of thought which is indeed worth reflecting upon.

To begin with the title itself is already something to set you pondering.

“Perhaps Love”… What if love gets a second chance?


The script I like best was during the introductory stage/ chapter. To quote from the movie, it says:


Life is like a film

Each of us is the lead in our own film

Some might assume he is also the co-lead in someone else’s film

But in fact, his role is merely supporting

or just a bit part

or worse… his scenes could have been edited out

He just doesn’t know it


Then as the scene switched to a mother with her child…



Like the mother and child here

The girl will certainly be the lead in her mother’s film

Yet in 10 years

How important would the role of the mother be in her daughter’s film?



…then the narrator talked about deleted footages and he said:


Cause people do make mistakes in editing all the time

When they realize they made the wrong cut

I’d deliver the footages back to them.


I don't know about you or others but these words really pressed on the pause button. It makes me ponder and wonder, flying far into one's own reflection.

Very well potrayed I would say. If we take each of our life as a film on its own, I wonder how significant is my existence today in your film. Or it is not existing anymore? or perhaps it has never existed...

Life is a dynamic proccess. Things change; people change. Who am I to you today might not be the same to who am I to you tomorrow. Is it important? or does it matter? I don't know...

Some parts of our life we just wish to keep it forever, and eternity if possible. However, some part of it we just thought it would perhaps be much better to just delete it off. Good or bad; happy or sad; they are all part of our life, part of us... Could losing any of it be better? Perhaps. But wouldn't that mean we could lose ourself too?

We lead in our own film and we are the editor to our own film. If we ever made a wrong cut and realize it, I wonder if there is anyone out there who will deliver the footages back to us?... back to me?

1 comments:

worms

perhaps...love will answer your question :)