A tragic ending

by | |
As I was waiting for the orthopedic to consult my grandma, I came across an article on: Flower Power in Feb 06's Urban Health mag. A study on "The Emotional Impact of Flowers" was conducted by Professor Jeannette M.Haviland-Jones, Professor of Psychology, Human Development Lab at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, with the help from The Society of American Florist. These are the few points that was mentioned:


  • Flowers have an instant impact on happiness.
  • Something about flowers has the capacity to break down social barriers, leading to increased contact with family and friends.
  • Flowers have immediate and long-term effects on emotional reactions, mood, social behaviours and even memory.
  • Flowers were often placed in areas of the home that were open to visitors, suggesting that flowers are a symbol for sharing. Flowers bring about positive emotional feelings in those who enter a room. They make the space more welcoming and create a sharing atmosphere.



---------------------------------------------------------


Well, no doubts on that...




These are the birthday flowers from my sister dearie



The bouquet of white roses I carried as Anna's bridesmaid... a day to remember, a must-keep item, a great moment to cherish...the flowers still bear the sweet memories of 11th March 06


I love them all. From fresh flowers, they will be preserved into 'dried flowers', so that I could keep them as long as I can. They seems to be doing beautifully well all this while as I hung them up upside down to preserve their existence. The strong aroma of the white roses are still as sweet and captivating as ever...


--------------------------------------------------


However, last saturday was a tragic day to begin with. This is what happened:


Those poor little flowers were found dead at the back of my house, in the trash.

The convict? My grandma. She told us that since the flowers are all dried up, she thought that it is time to let the sanitary engineers deal with it and plus, Saturday is a day those DBKL-ians come to collect whats in our the trash. And my precious flowers are in the trash :'(

sigh....

And this is whats left...


The little pearls from the white bouquet; the only thing my grandma saved for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous

I am so sorrry for you. Perhaps artificial or plastic flowers might do the trick to make you happy

Jolyn

well, its just not about the flowers alone. Its more of the memories n meanings the flower brought =)