The Kancil UNCLE

by | |
'tic tuck...tic tuck...tic tuck'. My car's turn signal continues ticking as I am waiting to make a right turning at a T-junction. I looked to my right and to my left again, trying to make sure it is safe for me to turn...and...suddenly a silver Kancil head popped out right beside me on the left, signalling to turn right as well. What is this UNCLE trying to do, huh? Didn't he realize that he is blocking my view?! By the way, though i called him 'uncle', he isn't any old ah pek but a young man probably in his early or mid twenties. On the road, anyone who gives me an intolerable headache will be automatically be registered and labelled as 'uncle' or 'aunty'. In case you are wondering...No!! He is NOT handsome nor is he cute and he look snobbishly rude, especially when he throws those impatient look at you with , " ahhh, i knew you are a female driver!", written all over his face.

I move a little forward to get a clearer view of cars coming from the left and this uncle too move ahead of me, entirely blocking my view again! Ok, so I may have took some time to make sure the traffic is safe for me to make a right turn but you aren't helping at all. In fact you are making the situation worse and dangerous. And I really do wonder if he has been reading the newspapers.

"...on average, 13.5 fatalities occurred in road accidents nationwide every day.
“It’s a very serious matter. We’re looking at all the
factors,
but at the end of the day it's
the
attitude of the motorists
themselves,”
Inspector-General of
Police Tan Sri Mohd Bakri Omar said.
" >>more
on this aricle

Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Musa Hassan said.
. . .“Our findings during Ops Sikap IX showed that the main causes
of fatal accidents were due to motorists losing control of their vehicles,
reckless driving and
dangerous overtaking. " >>more
on this article

Both adapted from The Star Saturday Nov 12 2005.

No wonder even the ministers are fed up with this issue. (And yeah, you have definitely got a point there, Callyn.)

And finally, we both turn at the same time at that T-junction. It is a single lane road and this uncle has to refusedly let me go first. Oh yeah!By the way, thanks! So, what's your point of squeezing right beside me and blocking my view anyway? "Biar lambat asalkan selamat~lar, UNCLE."

3 comments:

Jolyn

huh? proud of me???

yipee~! another blog to surf =)

Anonymous

Maybe the "uncle" want to show off his "powderful" driving skill to impress good ol' auntie jolyn...

Jolyn

hello, david! how's ur exam? summer break now??

erm.."powderful" driving skill??? hey~!..dun make me call u grandpa david,k =P