Time to reformat!

by | |
Why do we sum up things that we did in the past year? And why do people draw out new resolutions as New Year approaches? Is it a tradition? Is it contagious? Or perhaps a New Year is just not complete without all these. It’s the hot topic for this season. Everybody has their New Year Resolutions (NYRs) all set in their mind, whether just for a mere purpose of “doing-it-because-everyone-is” or they are really solid goals that are to be accomplished without any excuse. Well, if you are ‘kiasu’ enough, you will probably be trembling every time the New Year aura sweeps across you and yet you still have NO resolution(s) for the coming 2006!?

On the other hand, there are people who are trying to be indifferent. Not a bad idea as well when you come to look at it. More are actually concerned on how to keep your NYRs rather than making one. Since you can’t keep it, why make it? That was exactly what I was thinking of few years ago and so, I have decided just to go with the flow, NO NYRs!! YeaY~!

But…last year, things somehow changed. Our
youth fellowship leader made us write it down on little cardboards, which will then be the bookmark for our Holy Bible. We put everything in prayers and the bookmark was then nicely placed in the Bible. Well, I would say it is really a good reminder of what you’ve cast unto the Lord, if you have been constantly on your daily bible reading. And hey! I scored more or less 70 %. I was surprised as well. I did not even think I would be anywhere near halfway to make my NYRs a reality. I owe it to Him.

Alright, time for some sum up. Reasons? Hmm…let’s put it this way. Say I’ve just bought a new computer on 01/01/05. And all the happenings have been downloaded and installed here and there. Every now and then, of course it will be infected with spy wares and viruses. Not to forget those safety measures, it has been a norm to run the scans and clear my computer from those filthy pests. Deleted some files, got few program, documents and files organized a bit and here we are… on a brand new year again. But still, it would be appropriate to sort the things if I do not wish to start 2006 with a messy desktop. In other words, it is time to reformat the computer!

to be con't...

2 comments:

Lauranne

Interesting blog and post. :) I like the way you portrayed a whole year as a computer which requires reformatting .. Which brings us to the fact that we don't have to wait for a new year to actually 'reformat' ourselves, some people do it every few months and it's a fresh way to start anew. :D

Jolyn

Thanks,Lauranne!

Yeah,agree! We don't hav to wait for new yr but it just seems to be in "The Hits" as new yr approaches. As for me,I reformat whenevr my computer starts to lag and acting weirdly... =)