RWP

by | |
Whenever you are filling a form which requires you to detail out personal data, what do you usually put in the "Hobbies" column? By the way, sleeping is not a valid entry. Someone told me that, some teacher of mine I think.

Back at the days of primary school, I used to put hobbies like collecting stamps, playing badminton, reading,... etc. Then as I grew, changing my pinafore from dark blue's to sky blue's, I had a little hard time to think what are my hobbies then. I had pretty much stopped doing those stamps collecting thingy. I still played badminton but that was already more of an occasional activity when my pink flourescent racquet spoilt. (My sister's was fluorescent green! Was really pretty, okay..!) Reading is still in the list though. In fact, reading has always been in my list. Unfortunately, I read lesser & lesser nowadays. And by that, I meant reading for leisure.

I believe a lot of people put reading as one of their hobbies too. Whether its for convenience sake, or just to create a better profile, reading is undeniablly a good hobby. Reading is great! I could not name you all the benefits of reading, give it a try & you'll know it! :)

I was browsing internet & reading blogs today, when I found out about this interesting event - "Read while Waiting Project" :



Since I'm unable to participate it, I am doing my part to share it here and hope some of you will find the interest to join and spread the word. :)

23rd Aug 2008 @ KL Sentral. Area in front of KFC, Dunkin Donuts & KTM Komuter entrance. (Malaysia)

So, that is this Saturday @ 3.oopm - 3.15pm! All you need to do is just read! ;)

You can find more informations on this event here:
http://randomalphabets.com/?p=492

and you can even join them in Facebook:
http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20394646490

Remember the message, "Read while Waiting" ;)

0 comments: