Everybody lies

by | |
I've been watching Grey's Anatomy Season2 lately and a familiar concept apppeared. "Everybody lies." In the drHouse series, he said the same thing too. And now, I hear Meredith saying that again.. "Everybody lies". Is it true??

Well, I suppose so. Yeah, everybody lies. And that makes everybody a liar, whether past, present or future. What happens to the golden rule that says "Honesty is the best policy" then?

Truth telling, is it necessarily good? Despite the fact that truth telling can avoid harm; truth telling could also be a source of harm. Adding on from here, it is sometimes even a neccessity to lie.. because the truth freaking hurts.

I am obviously not a fan of liars or lies. Hence, it is only right for me to admit that I lied; I tell lies. So what? Because strictly speaking, everybody does lie. Just take a simple example.

"Are you ok?"

How many people actually answers that they are NOT ok when they really ARE NOT ok?

Now you see, everybody lies! (but of course, this may not be a serious lie.. still a lie though.)

Anyhow, i think and i hope the golden rule is and could be uphold. I certainly do not like the picture of me being lied.

But the cruelty that lies beneath the truth sometimes makes me to want nothing, and just be ignorantly deaf and blind. For if there's no need to know, i rather not... if there's no need to face it, i rather procrastinate and shut myself off in a coconut shell.

4 comments:

Beads & Pieces

yeah, i lie too.

it's part of life.

Kaido

I dun lie...

Anonymous

if lies can get you what you want, then would you?

Jolyn

if there's a choice, i would choose not to lie..

its a pretty subjective question.. maybe i would or maybe i wouldn't.. it depends..

if it means getting wht i want and yet the guilt will be haunting me for life,..is it worthwhile? or should i?

..would you, then?